TV Fans, if you think about season 4 there are a lot of story lines which were left hanging. Here are just a few story lines PTBs (powers that be, ie writers and producers) need to address early on in season 5.
1. Are Roger and Brianna still married? They hand-fasted which is for a year and a day. Roger was gone the entirety of Brianna's pregnancy and then the wee one was 2 months old, the day before Roger returned. This means Roger and Bree have another month on their hand-fast. Will they marry? I mean we assume right? So do we get another wedding? PLEASE!
2. Roger and Brianna have this little boy now. What is his name? Bree waited for Roger before she gave the baby a name so what will it be? And will it be addressed immediately in the season premiere? I truly hope so because that child needs a name.
3. Fergus and Marsali hightailed it to the ridge. We saw Marsali race off to the Ridge with Fergus hiding in the back, little Germain in tow. So where will they live? What will it be like for them? Fergus had trouble finding work in the city what will he do in the back country? And are their more children in their future?
4. Stephen Bonnet: dead or alive? Whether you are a book fan or show fan, we all pretty much know where this is headed so will we find out how he survived or will we actually find out he did die? I mean I didn't see the body so I'm assuming in classic television form he's alive and now thinks Brianna's baby is his! Why did she ever tell him that? And should he be alive will Jamie and Roger plot to murder him?
5. Murtagh's story line is new to us all so what is going to happen? I mean Jamie can't kill him but maybe he can "kill" him. I don't know how they could fake his death but I'm willing to see it. But what about Jocasta and Murtagh? The season 4 finale left the new lovebirds being torn apart so how will that all play out? And will Jamie be on board with that relationship?
6. Young Ian is now living with the Mohawk. Will we see his life with them? Will we see his return? Will he come back at all? I'm actually curious to see his life unfold with the Mohawk. But I have to wonder if we just won't see him at all.
7. Otter Tooth. I'm just going to say we learn more about Otter Tooth in the books. So maybe we'll learn more in the show? And FYI that giant sapphire Claire is wearing around her neck had to be a stone Otter Tooth found in the past because it would have ended up ash if he traveled with it. But the real question is will Claire meet anymore travelers, dead or alive?
8. Technically, Lord John and Bree are still engaged. One could assume Lord John is going to break their engagement since he only got engaged to Brianna so she could wait for Roger. Will Lord John and Jamie have a little chat about the engagement? Will Bree find out about William and his parentage?
I'm sure there are many more story lines and tidbits we need more information on but those came to mind as I thought about the season. Isn't droughtlander torture?
Use our affiliate links to support OW:
Welcome to Outlander Watch where we strive to bring you up-to-date news about the book and TV series Outlander.